Cordless phone battery.

Hello all. My old cordless phone needs a new battery. I have a good battery here rated at the same voltage (3.6V), but it's a 300mAh NiCad battery, and the one in the phone is a 600mAh NiMh. The batteries are the same physical size, I only need to adapt the plug on the good battery to fit the phone. Can I use this battery in the phone? Will the charger in the phone charge the same for the NiCad as the original? I assume that the 300mAh battery will just give less talk/standby time than the 600mAh but should operate the phone OK, my only concern is the charging. Any advice appreciated.

Reply to
Neil Green

WES in Ashfield in Syd has a comprehsive range of replacement batteries.

You will need the manufacturer name and model to get one that fits your cordless.

Why stuff about with the battery cells...also 600mAH will take longer to charge if the charging is at the same current rate.

JG

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

Most probably, yes.

Yes, it'll try to charge the same. most likely a constant current system with timer.

NiCd's are more tolerant to overcharging than NiMh so it should be safe.

I'd just get the proper one on eBay or wherever and be done with it, no point messing about when you will just end up with reduced capacity at best.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones