Li-Ion Battery replacement

Hi,

I have one of these Vosonic VP300 Mp3-cum-card reader HDD based device. It uses a very slim 7.2v Li-Ion battery.

I am wondering if some other battery can be used to replace the OEM ones. The replacement battery has to be the same dimensions because the battery fits in the back between the device and the HDD mount so the space available for the battery is fixed. I am looking at a replacement (probably some cell phone battery) because the OEM batteries aren't locally available in India.

Thanks,

Siddhartha

Reply to
Siddhartha Jain

Probably not.This battery looks very long, too long to fit into a cell phone, and has a cable with a plugh, which was *never* a way to connect batteries to cell phones.Isn't it possible to order the OEM one for your device?

-- Tzortzakakis Dimitrios major in electrical engineering, freelance electrician FH von Iraklion-Kreta, freiberuflicher Elektriker dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr ? "Siddhartha Jain" ?????? ??? ?????? news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

The battery is specified as two Li+ (actually probably Li-Polymer from that set of dimensions) 720mAH batteries. They are wired in series (nominal Li+ terminal voltage is 3.7V).

You might want to use that as a guide to see if anyone carries such a device near you.

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Make sure your problem is the battery and not the charger circuit built into the box. Mine turned out the be the charge circuit, so I just yanked the battery and have to run it on the AC wall-wart.

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

As Pete already pointed out, these are LiPoly accus. Since model airplane pilots like these accu cells, it would be easiest to find a store or online shop which carries this kind of stuff. You will get single cells, so you need 2. These are sometimes labeled as "Kokams". Bring your old pack to check the dimensions.

HTH Wolfgang

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

device.

The Li-Ion battery anyways doesn't last much. So this might help you:

- Siddhartha

Reply to
Siddhartha Jain

cell

connect

your

I will have to get them from Australia. One battery costs US$27, which is ok, but the shipping is $24!! So thats my last option.

- Siddhartha

Reply to
Siddhartha Jain

It might reduce your per unit cost if you order more than one, which probably won't increase the shipping cost.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
Reply to

Yes, and the battery charge circuit doesn't always last much either. Do you have a short battery life or _no_ battery life?

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

I think its the battery because initially I used to get half an hour of play before it would conk off. Now it simply doesn't start on the battery. And if you suggest that the charging circuit isn't very reliable then I guess the best option is to build that external battery pack.

Thanks,

Siddhartha

Reply to
Siddhartha Jain

That would be the "no battery life" answer. Get a DVM and check to see if the charge circuit is even trying to charge the battery...

Reply to
William P. N. Smith