Horizontal deflection LG Flatron 915FT Plus

Hi!

My LG Flatron 915FT+ monitor has a weird problem. Sometimes, the display stretches horizontally and the brightness decreases. When it happens, I hear a relay inside the monitor. If I hit it on one side, the picture returns to normal for a fraction of a second. The display becomes normal again if I wait, but it will eventually happen again. I opened the case with power off, and I noticed there was a place on the PCB where it was burnt (under a 1W resistance, next to 2 relays). Should I just replace this resistance? Any clues? Thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Check for cold solder connections, in the power supply and horiz output sections.

If hitting an electronic device corrects something, it has to be a connection, or a part that is mechanicaly defective.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.