Lcd Cable

Hi to all, this is my first post to this newsgroup... And i have already a question... Today i have taked apart the information display of my car (Opel corsa), for change the illumination color (with blue led). the work has been done with no problems... But at the test, some segments of the lcd won't go on :( The lcd and the controller are separates, and are connected via a sort of flat cable, that have very fragile conductors. One of them probably is broken. My question is: How i can repair this?

This is a shot of the assemble: http:\\gecom.no-ip.com\immagini\P4230001.JPG

And this is the lcd (on the glassare visible the semitransparent contacts). http:\\gecom.no-ip.com\immagini\P4230011.JPG

Thanks to all!!!

Reply to
Enrico

Sometimes the rubber contact has to be replaced. Sometimes the display driver, and or the LCD panel itself is damaged in the handling of it. Static electricity, is the biggest problem when handling these types of parts.

The specialized parts for your radio, are from the original manufacture. They may tell you to send them the unit for service, at one of their service centres if you call them for parts.

--

JANA _____

This is a shot of the assemble: http:\\gecom.no-ip.com\immagini\P4230001.JPG

And this is the lcd (on the glassare visible the semitransparent contacts). http:\\gecom.no-ip.com\immagini\P4230011.JPG

Thanks to all!!!

Reply to
JANA

Opel uses thin flat conductor that is glued to the glass and these come separated. Typical Opel fault.

JMK

Static

service

for