Laser Pickup SF-P101N 15 pin Wanted

My Philips cd player (AZ2020) started to skip tracks on some cd's. Now it wont recognise even shop bought audio cd's. I removed the laser pickup module. Its a Sanyo SF-P101N 15 pin on a metal deck with two motors.

Do these laser pickups fail often?

Could someone tell me if and where these are available as spare parts and roughly how much? Admittedly, the fault could be somewhere else but if the pickup is not too expensive I'd get one and try it.

Thanks John G3UGY

Reply to
Alt Beer

helen