New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS

For people who just want to listen and not go through the faff of 3rd
party programs or hardware
this is stripped from my updated media server code but you can work out
what's up....
"Classic FM"=>"
",
"Absolute Radio"=>"
",
"Absolute Classic
Rock"=>"
",
"Absolute Radio 60s"=>"
",
"Absolute Radio 70s"=>"
",
"Absolute Radio 80s"=>"
",
"Absolute Radio 90s"=>"
",
"Absolute Radio 00s"=>"
",
"LBC UK" => "
",
"BBC - Radio 1"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 2"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 3"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 4"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 5 live (UK
only)"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 5 live
(non-UK)"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 6 Music"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 1Xtra"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 4
Extra"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio 5 Live sports extra (UK
only)"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Asian
Network"=>"
",
"BBC - BBC World
Service"=>"
",
"BBC - BBC
CWR"=>"
",
"BBC - BBC Essex"=>"
",
"BBC - BBC Hereford
Worcester"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Berkshire"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Bristol"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Cambridge"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Cornwall"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Cumbria"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Cymru"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Cymru
2"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Derby"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Devon"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Foyle"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Gloucestershire"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Guernsey"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Humberside"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Jersey"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Kent"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Lancashire"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Leeds"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Leicester"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Lincolnshire"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio London"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Manchester"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Merseyside"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio nan
Gaidheal"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Newcastle"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Norfolk"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Northampton"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Nottingham"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Orkney"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Oxford"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Scotland
FM"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Scotland
MW"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Sheffield"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Shropshire"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Solent"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Solent West
Dorset"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Somerset
Sound"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Stoke"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Suffolk"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Surrey"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Sussex"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio Tees"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Ulster"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Wales"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio
Wiltshire"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio WM"=>"
",
"BBC - Radio York"=>"
",
"BBC - Three Counties
Radio"=>"
"
--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Ah yes. This is my Dutch-French version. In practice I only ever listen to the ad-free Fip or France Musique streams. (Not sure about links further down which I rarely check.)
1
2
3
4
5
classnl
ancient http://5.152.208.98:8058/ fip
fipelec
fipgroove
fipnouv
fippop
fiprock
fipjazz
fipmonde
fipreggae
frm
frmeasy
frmbaroque
frmcontemp
frmfilm
frmconcert
frmjazz
frmmonde
frmplus
6
classnlmind
classnlfilm
classnlopera
bbc1
bbc1x
bbc2
bbc3
bbc4fm
bbc4lw
bbc4x
bbc5
bbc6
bbcws
stubru
mnm
klara
trip
ds1
space
10
arrow http://91.221.151.155/ 192
bnr http://81.173.3.251/ veron
sky
538 http://82.201.100.23/RADIO538_WEB_AAC fresh
dB http://91.221.151.253/ slam
funx
Reply to
A. Dumas
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
These are the *obsolescent* URLS replaced by what I posted
--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Ohh that works good, but where's Times Radio?
Bill
Reply to
williamwright

Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
It's not D-I-Y but I use because it offers the choice of the different codecs and different quality streams incl HLS
etc
--
Robin
Reply to

  ? Ludwig von Mises
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
A precise definition of 'obsolescent' - still works, for now....;-)
--
?Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of ?an airplane.?
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
Probably only for another week or so ...
Reply to
Andy Burns
I've tried only this URL; it's MP3 at 128 kbps, not the higher quality AAC at 320 kbps. I presume that the same applies to all the BBC URLs.
--
Roger
Reply to
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David Taylor
So on those where the international feed is different from the UK what is the difference content wise? Also why is it every few years or sooner quite often radio services feel the need to alter their streaming addresses? Is there some new tech they want to take advantage of? Its going to be a pain till all the aggregators catch up particularly with the bbc ones. Also somebody at tune in wants to grow some balls and challenge the ruling on paying a licence for stations they have links to outside the UK, since if you follow that logic through and there are several aggregators showing the same station the record industry would get several payments for the same station, but instead Tune In hands elected to pull he links in the uk, which stopws you playing the stations, which I'm sure was not the real intention as media companies want to plug their content surely? Brian
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
possibly certain content will be disallowed (e.g sporting events where they only have uk broadcast rights) and perhaps bitrate is lower for listeners outside the uk?
Reply to
Andy Burns
Is this what the little cryptic messages are on the streams apparently randomly at the moment? Brian
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
I do hope it does not affect local radio since a lot of local bbc stations late night actively encourage listeners who used to live there who are abroad to call in. Brian
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)
In article , Brian Gaff (Sofa) says...
Airable has done so.

The 320k BBC stream now identifies as BBC Radio 3 HD
This on my Yamaha AVR which uses Airable after a change from VTuner with a firmware update a couple of years ago
Internet radio lags behind FM by a few seconds. Switching from FM on the last Pip of the time signal I catch the last couple of pips from the net.
--
Ken
Reply to
Unsteadyken
I don't mind that the links change from time to time, that's how it goes. But why do they not simply list their streaming URLs? Like many with a Raspberry Pi, I make my own streaming radio player! Do manufaturers have to pay for that information??
From
in a VERY IMPORTANT RED BOX:
"We make every attempt to provide manufacturers with information that allows them to offer BBC Radio services to their customers. Support for these devices is the responsibility of the manufacturer, as they control what content is offered on the device and how to access it. If you?re not able to resolve the problem yourself, you?ll need to contact your manufacturer?s support team."
Reply to
A. Dumas
[...]
Hard to believe anyone with an internet radio would still want to listen to the shite the BBC has to offer, given that they'd have literally tens of thousands of better alternatives at their fingertips. --
"Andrey Semyonovitch really was rather stupid; he attached himself to the progressive cause and 'our younger generation' from enthusiasm. He was one of the numerous and varied legion of dullards, of half-animate abortions, conceited, half-educated coxcombs who attach themselves to the idea most in fashion, only to vulgarise it and who caricature every cause they serve, however sincerely."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky
Reply to
Cursitor Doom