New BBC and Absolute radio streaming URLS

For people who just want to listen and not go through the faff of 3rd party programs or hardware

this is stripped from my updated media server code but you can work out what's up....

"Classic FM"=>"

", "Absolute Radio"=>"
", "Absolute Classic Rock"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 60s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 70s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 80s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 90s"=>"
", "Absolute Radio 00s"=>"
", "LBC UK" => "
", "BBC - Radio 1"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 2"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 3"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 4"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 5 live (UK only)"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 5 live (non-UK)"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 6 Music"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 1Xtra"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 4 Extra"=>"
", "BBC - Radio 5 Live sports extra (UK only)"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Asian Network"=>"
", "BBC - BBC World Service"=>"
", "BBC - BBC CWR"=>"
", "BBC - BBC Essex"=>"
", "BBC - BBC Hereford Worcester"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Berkshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Bristol"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cambridge"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cornwall"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cumbria"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cymru"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Cymru

2"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Derby"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Devon"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Foyle"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Gloucestershire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Guernsey"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Humberside"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Jersey"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Kent"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Lancashire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Leeds"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Leicester"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Lincolnshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio London"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Manchester"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Merseyside"=>"
", "BBC - Radio nan Gaidheal"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Newcastle"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Norfolk"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Northampton"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Nottingham"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Orkney"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Oxford"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Scotland FM"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Scotland MW"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Sheffield"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Shropshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Solent"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Solent West Dorset"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Somerset Sound"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Stoke"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Suffolk"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Surrey"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Sussex"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Tees"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Ulster"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Wales"=>"
", "BBC - Radio Wiltshire"=>"
", "BBC - Radio WM"=>"
", "BBC - Radio York"=>"
", "BBC - Three Counties Radio"=>"
"
--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that

Ah yes. This is my Dutch-French version. In practice I only ever listen to the ad-free Fip or France Musique streams. (Not sure about links further down which I rarely check.)

1
2
3
4
5
classnl
ancient http://5.152.208.98:8058/ fip
fipelec
fipgroove
fipnouv
fippop
fiprock
fipjazz
fipmonde
fipreggae
frm
frmeasy
frmbaroque
frmcontemp
frmfilm
frmconcert
frmjazz
frmmonde
frmplus
6
classnlmind
classnlfilm
classnlopera
bbc1
bbc1x
bbc2
bbc3
bbc4fm
bbc4lw
bbc4x
bbc5
bbc6
bbcws
stubru
mnm
klara
trip
ds1
space
10
arrow http://91.221.151.155/ 192
bnr http://81.173.3.251/ veron
sky
538 http://82.201.100.23/RADIO538_WEB_AAC fresh
dB http://91.221.151.253/ slam
funx
A. Dumas

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

These are the *obsolescent* URLS replaced by what I posted

--
The lifetime of any political organisation is about three years before
its been subverted by the people it tried to warn you about.

Anon.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ohh that works good, but where's Times Radio?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Reply to
Andy Burns

Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people by telling poor people that "other" rich people are the reason
they are poor.

Peter Thompson
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's not D-I-Y but I use because it offers the choice of the different codecs and different quality streams incl HLS

etc

--
Robin
Robin

Ok, I'll change them, thanks. I hadn't noticed because they still work for now!

Reply to
A. Dumas

yes. I found that site - a good source. My issue was to create a unified interface to live radio and TV, recorded material - music and DVD and off air TV - that would be globally accessible.

So I could ditch DVD plates, CD players. radio tuners etc etc and just run everything of networked devices .

That list was what went into the code

--
?Progress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,?

  ? Ludwig von Mises
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A precise definition of 'obsolescent' - still works, for now....;-)

--
?Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of ?an airplane.?

Dennis Miller
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably only for another week or so ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've tried only this URL; it's MP3 at 128 kbps, not the higher quality AAC at 320 kbps. I presume that the same applies to all the BBC URLs.

--
Roger
Reply to

Any chance of a copy without the word wrapping?

Thanks!

--
Cheers,
David

So on those where the international feed is different from the UK what is the difference content wise? Also why is it every few years or sooner quite often radio services feel the need to alter their streaming addresses? Is there some new tech they want to take advantage of? Its going to be a pain till all the aggregators catch up particularly with the bbc ones. Also somebody at tune in wants to grow some balls and challenge the ruling on paying a licence for stations they have links to outside the UK, since if you follow that logic through and there are several aggregators showing the same station the record industry would get several payments for the same station, but instead Tune In hands elected to pull he links in the uk, which stopws you playing the stations, which I'm sure was not the real intention as media companies want to plug their content surely? Brian

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

possibly certain content will be disallowed (e.g sporting events where they only have uk broadcast rights) and perhaps bitrate is lower for listeners outside the uk?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is this what the little cryptic messages are on the streams apparently randomly at the moment? Brian

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

I do hope it does not affect local radio since a lot of local bbc stations late night actively encourage listeners who used to live there who are abroad to call in. Brian

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Airable has done so.

The 320k BBC stream now identifies as BBC Radio 3 HD

This on my Yamaha AVR which uses Airable after a change from VTuner with a firmware update a couple of years ago

Internet radio lags behind FM by a few seconds. Switching from FM on the last Pip of the time signal I catch the last couple of pips from the net.

--
Ken
Reply to

I don't mind that the links change from time to time, that's how it goes. But why do they not simply list their streaming URLs? Like many with a Raspberry Pi, I make my own streaming radio player! Do manufaturers have to pay for that information??

From

in a VERY IMPORTANT RED BOX:

"We make every attempt to provide manufacturers with information that allows them to offer BBC Radio services to their customers. Support for these devices is the responsibility of the manufacturer, as they control what content is offered on the device and how to access it. If you?re not able to resolve the problem yourself, you?ll need to contact your manufacturer?s support team."

Reply to
A. Dumas

On Sat, 13 Mar 2021 13:11:02 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote: [...]

Hard to believe anyone with an internet radio would still want to listen to the s**te the BBC has to offer, given that they'd have literally tens of thousands of better alternatives at their fingertips. --

"Andrey Semyonovitch really was rather stupid; he attached himself to the progressive cause and 'our younger generation' from enthusiasm. He was one of the numerous and varied legion of dullards, of half-animate abortions, conceited, half-educated coxcombs who attach themselves to the idea most in fashion, only to vulgarise it and who caricature every cause they serve, however sincerely."

- Fyodor Dostoevsky

Reply to
Cursitor Doom