LA7838 Vertical IC and Mitsubishi CS-3535R

Todd,

If you have not thoroughly checked every polar electrlolytic for leakage and the likely areas for ESR, you will be seeing this set back. We do them al the time and rarely see less than a couple of dozen leaky caps in this series of sets.

Leonard

Reply to
<eworld

Thanks, Leonard. Everything was carefully inspected, electrolyte washed off where found, suspect caps replaced, and the SMPS power, vertical and horizontal sections checked with the ESR. I've got about 15 caps replaced, although 4-5 that were probably OK were pulled from the vertical section and replaced on general principles when I was floundering. I'd say 5 were definitely bad/leaking/bulging, and the rest just questionable/marginal. This sucker weighs in at a couple hundred pounds, so there's no way I want to have to open it again.

Reply to
T o d d P a t t i s t