where is the vertical section

Hi I gather the section where the mains comes in and several large electros, rectifer and reg IC is the switch mode supply, the area with the trippler is the horizontal ? does that make the area with smaller electos some kind of large heatsunk IC the vertical, if I'm looking for horizontal bars across screen, probably a electro in the virtical - yeh, what does history have it, small ones or big ones, I'm trying to teach my little bloke there is more to just sitting in front of these things Cheers

Reply to
Fred

Geez, thats thats good code. What do ya mean ??

--

Cheers ......... Rheilly P

Where theres a will, I want to be in it.
Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

The first lesson should be not to poke around inside high-voltage/high-current devices when you don't know what you're doing. This lesson will be taught well enough when YOU go horizontal, perhaps permanently, after you touch the wrong area. Get some books on the subject -- there are thousands out there with plenty of pics -- and learn/teach the safe way. If you simply must put your hands inside a TV, at the very least plug it into an isolation transformer first.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Thanks for your concern Ray, but the 10ma RCD power point would protect wayward hands, I'm just looking for a mud map to make a replacement (without power on) of some well advised locationed electros before bining what could be a easy save, you know friend to enviroment and all that stuff, and just in case your still worried, I;m a electronics and communication engineer by trade !!

electros,

trippler

at

Reply to
Fred

Not if you connect yourself to the back side of the mains bridge rectifier in a switch mode power supply ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Follow the yoke wire the the pcb, not far from that you will see a single inline IC bolted to a heatsink. That is the vertical output amp. Mostly the higher voltage caps near that area will fail and may or may not leak. Heat will just dry them out. If a visual inspection shows no burned board traces or blown vert IC, then for what the caps cost - why not just change them all near the vert and see what you have from there.

Reply to
James Thompson