Google certainly is making an absolute mess of Usenet. Since the poster changed the subject line, and didn't quote his previous message, I'll repost with the subject line changed back. FWIW, if you use a decent newsreader like Agent, you can look at the headers of a post and from the reference line navigate back to the original post by clicking on the message ID's. Anyway's, here's the original post:

From: "jango2" Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair Subject: Kenwood XD-550 music system Date: 14 Jan 2006 00:57:40 -0800 Lines: 11 Message-ID:

The unit turns on for 3 seconds and then goes into standby. I've disconnected the cd carrousel and it still happens. Tape mechanisms arent locked. Voltage observed at outputs of both channels of audio output power amplifier is -16 and i suspect the syscon sees this and trips power off. I need a schematic of the power supply and power amp. Alternatively, could anybody tell me what voltages to expect at the 12 pin ribbon cable coming from the PS terminating in connecter E1 at the mainboard. Thanks, Jango

And the quoted solution:

Reply to
JW

OK, thanks for the update!