Samsung DVD-V530 turns on then off

Greetings group. Samsung vcr/dvd player model DVD-V530.

When Standby/on button is pressed, the display briefly show "ON" then "OFF". The display seems to flicker a little during this time.

I had hoped to find a faulty capacitor in the power supply unit, but was not able to.

Has anyone seen and repaired this problem before?

Thanks in advance, Russell Griffiths.

Reply to
Griff

Did you upgrade the bios, other samsung ones will shut down when the CRC comes back bad.

Reply to
MisterE

It is possible that the VCR mechanism is jammed, many VCR units will do this kind of thing when the mechanism is in an unknown state and the motor can't drive it to a known state. Can you hear any motor running, or trying to run, sounds when it tries to turn on?

I dislike the VCR/DVD combo units because VCRs are very mechanically complex and frequently have mechanical failures and it kills both units at once.

Brenden

Griff wrote:

Reply to
Brenden

No, I have not upgraded the BIOS. Can you tell me how to do that? Russell.

Reply to
Griff

No,I have not upgraded the BIOS. Can you please explain how I would do that?

Russell.

Reply to
Griff

Hi, Russel

Pull out VCR mechanism and turn on. If turns on, you likely to have bad capstan motor.

Also check caps in PS.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf