Kenwood KR-794 receiver standby

Bought this used from someone who said it worked, couldn't try it out. Got it home, hooked up speakers, it's "stuck" in standby mode, the led indicator says so, the light stays on solidly. Everything powers up and stays on, the relays inside click when connecting and disconnecting the speakers, but no sound from the speakers (because it's in standby). Is there some way to get this puppy out of standby, or is that the "failure" mode? The site at kenwoodusa.com seems to not exist when I try to get there today, trying to find a manual for it. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Joe St. Lucas

Get your money back.

Mark Z.

P.S. It's not normal for the relays to click when connecting / disconnecting speakers, especially if the receiver is really stuck in standby mode. Maybe a dead micro or a reset problem, who knows? That's why we tech make the big money (not).

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias