JVC HV Transformer Replacement

My JVC TV is about 2.5 years old. A few weeks ago, the screen became blurry and white. I took it to a local shop, the said it was the FLY back HV transformer, my question is how hard it this to replace. I have worked on TV's in the past, nothing to major, but I do work on electronics from time to time. Thanks for you thoghts and input.

Chad

Reply to
boese.c

There is a capacitor by the flyback, 10 uf @

250 volts, I think. Flybacks don't go in those units. Rono.
Reply to
Rono

Reply to
boese.c

Chad, what I do is isolate the G2 wire if not, then focus wire. One solders into CRT board, other one (either a collar or a button to push to release the focus wire. Try one at a time. If this changes, I still think it is fly. I still have to change flybacks in JVC sets occasionally. They either fail (either kill the HOT or fly heats and HOT up quickly and shuts down. Or noisy focus or G2 or that kind you saw. But that can be caused by CRT, I check for any HV with HV probe on the CRT pins with CRT board pulled.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Yeah, and it's cheap to try so it makes sense to do so before replacing an expensive flyback transformer.

Reply to
James Sweet