Crate BX-100 amp

I got this in, and someone else had attempted to repair it, the other guy told me he had replaced the finals several times but they kept failing on power-up. Looking at the output stage I think one of the FET's may be incorrect. Could someone check the schematic and see if this unit is supposed to have 2 IRFP140's for finals (both outputs N-channel?!)? I believe this should have a complimentary output pair, IRFP140/IRFP9140, N and P channel, but as I did not see it before parts were changed I'm not sure.

Jammy

Reply to
ampdoc

Call SLM and they'll email you the schemo. Just for reference, posting in alt.guitar.amps will get more responses.

Reply to
boardjunkie

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:15:19 -0700, boardjunkie Has Frothed:

Most of the time ones that you might not want :)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Meat Plow

Heh...well those of us who haunt that group know that drill. And that's AWL THAT MATTERS ON THE INTERNET ;-)

It has quieted down some after Lord Valve's semi retirement from the group. He does know the "skinny" tho......sorry, couldn't resist.

Reply to
boardjunkie