Is this due to RoHS solder?

PbF is Lead Fluoride in chemical terms. Please find a better abrev.

It's been a while since I've ordered production PCB's, but as I recall, the number of drill changes has a huge impact on the cost. Auto manufacturers are VERY sensitive to costs. As a result, it's more common to use cylindrical holes and wedge shapped component pins on things like xformers and relays. These have the added bonus of being self supporting during wave soldering.

# 831-336-2558
# http://802.11junk.com               jeffl@cruzio.com
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com               AE6KS
Reply to