What does this mean "White Goods" ?

Large home appliances like washers and dryers.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

while looking for a IGBT for a little problem I have in mind I found this and never before have I ever seen a description in the list of Applications "White Goods"...

What exactly is "white Goods" applications?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

To appeal to the British market:

RosemontCrest

Hmm, OK. I don't know why they just didn't say Washer and Dryers..

Thanks

Reply to
Jamie

Domestic appliances - it's more of a British term.

Dave Platt

Jamie is a FUCKWIT RADIO HAM !!!!!!!

( Real ID = Maynard A. Philbrook, KA1LPH )

** Piss off straight into HELL

you FUCKWIT AUTISTIC RETARD

Reply to
Phil Allison

Jamie is a FUCKWIT RADIO HAM !!!!!!!

( Real ID = Maynard A. Philbrook, KA1LPH )

** Piss off straight into HELL

you FUCKWIT AUTISTIC RETARD

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Dave Platt"

** The term refers to a sub-set of domestic appliances.

Particularly to major kitchen and laundry appliances.

Cos they are mostly white enamel coated.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

And we know that the term was invented in the 1960's or earlier, because it isn't "Harvest Gold Goods" or "Charcoal Black Goods", etc.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Or avocado.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On a sunny day (Sat, 12 Feb 2011 19:45:01 -0800) it happened snipped-for-privacy@radagast.org (Dave Platt) wrote in :

I think it is more univerxal, in Dutch it is 'witgoed', translates exactly the same (wit = white and goed = goods).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Here in Australia the stereotypical term is "wench"

Reply to
Dennis

There are also "brown goods" - electronic products like TVs, DVDs, etc.

Reply to
Leon

Actually I think it's a very common _industry_ term in the US and Canada as well, just not widely used by consumers and other lay persons.

Eg. (this is the major US-based industry publication)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Not "Sheila"?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Nowadays it is all stainless steel.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

Reply to
Boris Mohar

On a sunny day (Sun, 13 Feb 2011 09:05:04 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Does anybody know if Samsung uses inverter, say 3 phase electronic motor drive, in their washing machines? I want to buy a new one, most seem to have DC motors wit hbrushes, but I do not want brushes.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

wit hbrushes,

Why not? Get a Miele and it will last for decades. If not, its easy to repair.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Our first house had a harvest gold oven and an avocado refrigerator. Every house (~200) in the development came with that combination.

They all will be in a few months (only the oven to go but it'll cost ~$1K to run the gas line around the house). ;-)

Reply to
krw