Is recession good for commercial electronic repair ?

Yes Graham, I too have fitted 6L6's and vice versa. I have read on Wiki I think that EL34's turn up with 6L6 guts in them. I think that the beam tetrode structure was actually created to get around the patent that MO had on the EL34 pentode structure, so I guess it's reasonable that they should have similar characteristics. Crikey ! Z & I Aero Services aka Zaerix. That takes me back a bit. I still have a Zaerix shortform catalogue in pristine condition. Had some useful data in it, and ex military valves and 'scope / radar tubes ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Only if wages drop or supply of replacements are affected.

Someone was recently explaining that his job was really to disconnect the faulty module and connect the replacement module as everything in his mine was now "modularised" and encapsulated. Final act was to put the faulty part in the bin.

Reply to
Terryc

I think you're right about that although the patent would have been on the KT66 I think. MOV never made the EL34 AFAIK.

I recall their shop in Tottenham Court Road too. You could still browse surplus equipment back in those days. Imagine what those properties must be worth now !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore