infocus x1a lamp replacement

I just did my first lamp replacement on my infocus x1a projector after about 2000 hrs. The picture provided by the new lamp is so dark as to be unviewable. Can this be an alignment problem, an inferior bulb, any other suggestions? thanks

Reply to
brad

fake bulb?

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

Was the old bulb still working when you replaced it? If so did it have the same symptom? Could be a defective ballast. Also could be a dud bulb.

Reply to
James Sweet

Check that the bulb is properly lit. It may be a defective ballast, or something has failed.

Jerry G. ======

brad wrote:

Reply to
Jerry G.