Odd 6.5mm jack sockets

Hi all,

Does anyone know a distributor in the UK for printed circuit mounted

6.5mm jacks sockets? Now the odd bit. They have a clip on bezel not a chrome or plastic nut! I need to find a source for the bezel's but I suspect I'll have to but the whole thing. I only need a few for a Soundcraft mixer and from them you get stung a hefty service charge. I've checked all the major distributors, Farnell,RS,CPC etc and nobody's got them.

Cheers Bob

Reply to
bob

A solder tag version is used on 30 yearold Aiwa AD6900 cassette tape units. Do you know how to remove those retaining clips if repair is required? I don't know of a supplier of sockets or the plastic clips like larger and beefier LED clip back ring closures.

n cook

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing here. The bezels are plastic hex nut shaped, but clip on to the jack socket. To remove them they have a small cut out you can get a screwdriver in to prise off. They don't hold in particularly well which is why a lot of these mixers have them missing. On a side note looking at your web site I see you've come across a Norman guitar amp. I've got one of these at home with it's matching reverb unit. There's no info on the web about them and I've asked here too with no joy.

Bob

Reply to
bob

The Aiwa things are definitely not easily removable, they can only be cut or melted off to free the barrel as far as I can see, about 3 or 4 times thicker ring ,longer, bigger diameter than LED back ring.

I liked the chainmail knight logo for the Norman, I thought I had a buyer for that amp a couple of months back but they found a combo instead.

n cook

If I recall correctly, Norman amplifiers were manufactured for an wholesaler in Manchester called Norman Rose Electrical or similar.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Not sure if I've seen those type jacks before. Certainly never had to replace one by the sounds of it.

Thanks for the Norman info, I'm glad someone else has heard of them as I thought I couldn't have the only set. Norman Rose don't have a web site, mind you these amps are so old I doubt whether they'd have any info on them. Wasn't sure about putting them on Ebay due to the weight as the postage might be more than they're worth, LOL!

Bob

Reply to
bob

If they are the same jacks as on the Folio nopepad, the bezel is a bayonet fitting, you turn it one eight of a turn anticlockwise and lift. They do have a little rectangular cut out on each side, that`s part of the bayonet fitting. They are available from Soundcraft, I suspect you just have to get through to the right person and ask nicely.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

You're absolutely correct Ron about the bayonet and yes they are the same. I wonder how 'nice' you have to be as they put a whopping handling charge on which makes small orders uneconomic. I thought there would have been a distributor that would stock these in the UK, especially as I assume Soundcraft mixers are made here.

Bob

Reply to
bob

How many do you need? I 'might' be scrapping a folio notepad very soon.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

They are made by Neutrik - designated NJ-FDV. Canfords sell them.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public address system

Thanks for that Ron. I'd just came across those at Canfords after a long search after finding that Neutrik made them. If you're scrapping a folio I'd be interested if not just for the caps but all the ancillary bits that get lost. If you want to mail me direct to discuss. Cheers Bob

Reply to
bob