ikegami HL-DV7AWN repaired

I posted to this group a few months ago to see if there was a known problem in this camcorder causing the reel motor to stop and tape to spill. Since then I discovered that the reel motor itself was defective and, from looking at how it is built, I believe this will be a common problem. When I asked the Ikegami technical support people for assistance, I was told the error number means the take up sensor was faulty. Obviously that wasn't the case since the motor stopping resulted in the sensor reporting an error. My response to this obvious misdiagnosis was ignored. In desperation I called Sony's technical support since they are the real manufacturer and I was told to clean the tape path. Do either of these companies have a secret number that a servicer can call and talk to a real technician? Sony's Pro service center in Georgia has closed so my contacts there are long gone. I hope the pro companies haven't decided to supply consumer level support to their pro lines. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck