Denon AVR-1804 zone2 preout question.

An a/v installer brought this Denon AVR-1804 receiver in to me with the following complaint. When using the zone2 line out connections, the volume all of sudden became a fixed line output instead of a variable line out. You can see the numeric level display change up and down when the zone2 volume is changed. The zone2 speaker output works perfectly with no level problem at all. I performed a uP reset but the problem remains. Anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks for your reply.

-- David Farber David Farber's Service Center L.A., CA

Reply to
farberbear

I am not familiar with that model specifically but this is likely normal. These zone 2 outputs are usually used with an amp driving speakers in multiple rooms that have volume controls. The gain stays up on the amp and the volume control in each room has the range to get ouput desired without going back to the main system or affecting the volume in other rooms. The unit may allow selection of fixed or variable output for the pre out, but will likely have only variable on the speaker level ouput.

Not much of an installer if he could not figure that out.

Leonard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 3009 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I was sort of thinking the same thing too but the way he explained it was that it was working properly for a long time and then it suddenly changed.

I contacted Denon technical service which is now grouped together with Marantz. Their parts and tech support is way overtaxed. Hold times on the phone can be up to two hours. When you finally do get through to somebody, it's just an operator that takes messages.

Thanks for your reply.

-- David Farber

and

------