Identifying part ST Z9M Y940

One of these has blown on the control board for our dishwasher. I can't find the part on any website (including ST's own). Can anyone help me identify what it is and/or a compatiable part that I can get over the counter in the UK?

Physically, it is a compact, surface mounted 3-pin rectangular package about 8mm x 4mm, but I think a compatiable hole-mount package could be made to fit.

There is a tag at the top that I think is commoned with the central pin, since there is a PCB track passes by both and they are soldered to it. The left pin and central pin/tag have a relatively large (2mm) track, so I guess these carry the current (to the valve which I think is controlled by this line), while the right hand pin has a narrow track (

Reply to
clowes_ian

It is ST Microelectronics Triac 600V, 1A, 10mV gate sensitivity

Ross Herbert

Hi Ross

Many thanks for your help on that. I'd been stumped by the short form of the part number.

My local components shop has 600V, 8A, 50mA sensitivity triacs. These are in a different, larger package, but is it likely that they would they function OK?

IanC

Reply to
clowes_ian

Hi Ian, Yes I did mean the gate sensitivity was 10mA (not mV).

Since the device in question is for an electrical appliance it is almost certain you would need a 3 quadrant high commutation type to guarantee 100% design spec functionality.

Since your original device is SOT223 you should replace it with a device of the same size, however 1A devices seem to have been supplanted by 4A types for appliance use. If your pcb pad layout is universal SOT223/SOT428 then you can use the larger SOT428/D-PAK/TO252 devices which have a 4A rating. Assuming you can do this I would recommend a Philips BTA204S-600E.

alternatively

BTA204S-600E equivalents are; ON Semi - MAC4DSMT4

ST Micro - T410-600B

You may be able to get samples from these companies if you go to their websites.

Reply to
Ross Herbert