Help Identifying IC 493 328T 6-pin DIP

I'm trying to identify a small 0.4 mm x 0.4 mm 6-pin DIP IC chip that has two rows of part numbers written on it. 493, 328T, and a symbol "o----" (round dot with a solid line above it, like a musical note rotated 90 degrees :-). Anyway its package has a ceramic base with silver/steel cap and a gold outline. The board has an antenna and a PIC processor, but the part doesnt seem to be directly connected to either of these components based on probing. I did notice 1.5 V input on pin 2 (I think). It's a low power component, and the whole board fits in the palm of your hand. Some have suggested a crystal filter, but I can't find any data sheet that reflects the numbers written on this IC. I've tried googling, but the results weren't useful. Any ideas what it is, or where I ought to look? Thanks, Herb

Reply to
Herb T

pedro

Sounds like a SAW resonator -as used in car-alarm keyfobs etc.

Reply to
Mike Harrison