Hyundai Car Deck Stuck!

Recently I was playing my stereo in my 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe and suddenly the cassette deck stopped working and giving me and ERR 8. It had a cassette adapter for an iPod in the deck at the time and now it is suck. It won't eject or play. The deck is one of the combo CD/Cassette type decks. If anyone out there would know how to get this tape out, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Brian

Reply to
brian

whatever you do don't force it. you will probably need to remove the unit from the dash and open it to be able to solve this. If you aren't experienced in this or don't feel capable, then have it done by someone at a car audio dealer's.

-B.

i own one of those cars also. i don't have a Cassette but i do have the CD and for the last 6 months i need to keep a CD in the tray because the optical insertion things i am putting in a CD and keeps tripping out the Radio and attempts to start the CD . you can hear the head moving around to start when there is no CD in the tray.. i think the problem is just dirt on on the lens for the CD insertion detect. have you tried placing a CD in the tray and then switch over to the radio or Cassette mode ?

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5