HP Officejet 5110 does weird things

I have 3 with the same fault, the printer asks to align cartridges, i press start, the printer makes a sound as if it's printing but no paper is loaded. The motor works as paper is loaded when the machine is turned on. What can cause a fault like this? Anyone who has a service manual?

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

As to answer my own question, stripped gears inside the service station, on all 3 and on all printers i had for parts. Seems HP did it again, one weak part to screw the customers. Better avoid HP. Anyone who knows where i can get those gears? Preferred in europe.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:51:20 +0200, Bart Bervoets Has Frothed:

Read here about your 5110:

Seems HP poorly designed the 5110. Some claim to have purchased parts, some not. Good luck.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

IIRC, you need to print a test sheet first and then SCAN it to align the printhead.

Homer J Simpson

And

Homer J Simpson

Yes, you are right. The small gear was stripped, on all 3 printers. I drilled a small hole and tapped a cut off nail in which i dipped in loctite first. Now all 3 printers work. Had to clean the crud of the spill tank as well and re-lubricate everything, inky fingers, yuck!

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

I saw someone ship one of the first ink jet printers (Canon) without locking down the printhead. Yikes!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson