HP deskJet 980Cxi will not print

Hi friends I'm working on an HP deskJet 980cxi professional printer and the printer will not print. The printer was soaked with ink so I decided to do some cleaning. After dismantling and cleaning, this printer will pick paper from the tray alright but will just spit it out and b4 the first comes out completly it will pick another which will get stucked 1/2 way 'thru'then the orange light will start blinking. Infact it was working b4 I dismantled and cleaned it only that the printing was not all that clear. Can the transperent disk(on the far left) with some black strips on it be the problem? cos I removed it and fixed it back afterwards, or the gears need to rearranged? The ink empty light does not show. Please What might be the problem? Lets I forget there is this bundle of wires (8 in number - (4 pairs) 2 black & 6 blue) Which plug into nothing. l have checked and can't find anywhere to plug it. Thanks

Reply to
fynnashba

there is this bundle of wires (8 in number - (4 pairs) 2 black & 6 blue) Which plug into nothing. l have checked and can't find anywhere to plug it.

Look harder - you may have unplugged it and will find the problem fixed once you find where the wires go.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver