hp Color Laserjet 4550 transfer belt error

I have a hp color laserjet 4550 that displays "check transfer belt" and refuses to print. It shows this error after warm up, but before calibration. I tried the belt in another 4550 and it worked fine. I confirmed that the belt is moving by noting the location of a mark on the belt. Someone else has already looked at the printer and supposedly replaced "everything" without fixing it. I'm the last effort before it's scrapped. Has anyone seen this error before? Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

In message , Andy Cuffe writes

Yes, check the connector the transfer belt mates into on the printer to make sure there isn't a scrap of paper jammed in it, quite a common fault.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Did you check the optical sensor?

-- ciao, stany

"Andy Cuffe" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
stany

The connector is fine. I've checked the signal coming from the optical sensor and there is a pulse every time the registration hole passes the sensor. I've tried running the engine test without the formatter board installed and it also fails to print. I swapped the DC controller from my working 4550 into it and the results are the same. I have the service manual, but I've already checked everything it suggests for this error.

Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe