How to view the firmware version: Panasonic DMR-ES20 DVD burner?

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES20S DVD Recorder (set-top)

It reports a firmware version of 00000103, which is not the proper number. It should be something like U3-150 to U3-158 + , etc.

What are the magic keystrokes to see the version of firmware that is "currently" in my ES20?

BTW- anyone know the "differences" between IN1 & IN2? They do not seem to have the SAME specifications. The front one seems to be missing features?

Also, I'm having a VERY HARD time getting good copies of digital camcorder data burned onto any DVD. I'm using a Sony

460 D8, and also a Sony PC100 MiniDV tape to the ES20 via the DV cable. (I'm using a Belkin 3' 4x4 DV cable.) LOTs of hang-ups, burner locking up, unable to finalize - the list goes on & on.

Anyone have a link to download the latest DMR-ES20S firmware, other than the USA link for the U3-150, which is the one that I now have in the DMR-ES20S - I think:-)

Is there a GOOD DVD set-top box burner that will work with Sony digital cameras via the DV (firewire) cable? Or am I doomed to using the analog A/V cable or S-video+A/V audio? Which, btw, is really not all that bad. I need to do a little more testing using IN1 & IN2 (they seem to be different) but I have gotten some really LARGE VOB files that way - which is my benchmark for a quality DVD:-)

THANKS in advance!

Gene

Reply to
Gene

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:07:06 -0600, Gene Has Frothed:

The firmware should be displayed in the setup screen. And what makes you think there is a newer version stashed somewhere else in the world besides the USA site?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:05:19 -0600, Gene Has Frothed:

Have you tried any forums like:

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

--
                   Mike Walsh
            West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:38:37 -0600, Gene Has Frothed:

Glad you got it fixed.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:38:37 -0600, "Gene" put finger to keyboard and composed:

FWIW, the firmware history file makes no mention of any firewire issues.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar