Mismatch of toner supplies

This is for a photocopier but presumably the same for laser printers. I've had to change supplier for named specific make and model supply of bottles of toner. With this supply I've had to turn down the toner replenishment sensor output as it was falsely giving too a high signal out and so falsely keeping the toner supply motor in operation when it should have ceased topping up. Otherwise the formulation gives a good image. Is this a common problem with secondary sources or even manufacturer's supplies of toner for copiers or printers ?

N Cook