Hitachi VCR Help

I recently inherited a Hitachi VT-UX 627A and for the life of me can't figure out how the cover can be removed so I can clean the heads. I removed the one visible screw that secures the lid but it won't budge and I don't want to force it. Called Hitachi and they wouldn't tell me!

On other manufacturer's VCRs I've owned and successfully cleaned, the top was easily removable. Just a matter of removing the screws and sliding it off. Hoping some of the wizards in this group can help. Thanks.

Reply to
Mikespo

It's prolly held on by plastic snap fingers that engage slots in the mating parts. Carefully pry along a seam until you find an area that is held tightly. Pry up/out ect. until it releases. Try to determine the method by carefully examining the area. Go around the perimeter until you get them all. JR

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

JR North

Two screws on the bottom near the outer edges toward the sides

Reply to
Mike S

Indeed, it was the two screws on the bottom. Thanks all!

Reply to
Mikespo