Hitachi video recorder

I am hoping that someone might be able to tell me the meaning of the flashing display on the front of my Hitachi VT-FX340E video recorder.

It was running normally, up until there was a loud 'crack' from inside. From then on it does nothing; will not accept a tape cartridge and has the 'tape' symbol and the figure '2' flashing on the display.

Close examination of the PCB shows no signs of any broken/cracked components (but it could be on the underside of a chip and not visible!), so it's back to the meaning of the flashing display.

Does anyone have the service manual for this machine and can tell me what fault the display is indicating?

Thanks.

Brian Salt. Remove NS from address before email reply.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Nothing specific, but chances are it's a broken gear or lever within the mechanism.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

I wish it were so! No broken mechanical parts, unfortunately.

Reply to
B. W. Salt.