Help with repairing betamax video

I'm trying to repair a sony SL-8000E betamax video. The problem is that I can't push any key down but the eject key and it doesn't work very good since the tape usually ends up in a mess inside of the machine. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to solve it? I'm also intrested in service manuals for it.

Reply to
rudnert

I have a repair manual, includes mechanical details for the SL 8000. my email address off URL below

N Cook