help with ac adapter for portable pc

hello, I lost my ac adapter (18.5V 2.5 A) but have another one of 19V and 3.4 A. I want to know if the second it is possible to be used for the portatil

thanks

Reply to
Jose

Sounds like it ought to be OK. Make sure the plug wiring is the correct polarity and of course the plug itself must be the right type.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

the plug wiring is ok and the polarity too, but the voltage is 0,5+ is´t about 2,6%+ which it's the range of voltage (+-) of this notebook?

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in news:DvhLf.34171 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net:

portatil

correct

Reply to
Jose

Don't worry about it. IME these laptop adapters are rarely spot on anyway. After all, they are calibrated by human beings so a 0.5V error is hardly going to be critical. Also, over years of use they will probably drift by that amount anyway. This voltage feeds regulated switchmode power supplies inside the laptop, so it doesn't have to be deadly accurate. The CPU, chipset, hard drive etc will still get exactly the right voltage.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D

SOME WORDS OF ADVICE BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID. BACK UP YOUR DATA ASSHOLE

Reply to
Kim Cole