Help with a Heathkit stereo generator

I just obtained a used but repairable IG-37 Heathkit tube type stereo FM generator. After I opened it up I found an adjustable RF coil was broken. The plastic (?) form was broken, but the wires seem fine and the tuning slug moves in it freely. However I have no way to secure it in place.

I'd love to find a replacement, Heath part # 40-607, or I'd like some help in how else I might make things right with it. RF is not the strongest part of my game.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jim McShane Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp? Check

Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Reply to
Jim McShane

Jim-

I recently found an interesting Heath-centric web page,

which does list some parts available. Unfortunately the 40-607 was not on the list! They may have some other suggestions if you send an eMail. They also have an extensive Heath Semiconductor cross reference at

Have you contacted Heath about the coil? A couple of years ago I read that they still had a few parts and manuals in stock, even though they are now only selling "Educational Systems". See

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

Why not just use an adhesive to stick it back together, or just to the PC board? Any of the flexible ones should be fine; RTV (aquarium cement) would work very nicely, and after it was set, would be totally impervious to any heat generated by the tubes.

Isaac

Reply to
isw

Have you thought about some epoxy? If there is a tuning slug in the coil, just make sure you don't put epoxy on to it.

If the epoxy does not work, then you should try to contact Heath, or see if you can find a coil form, and wind your own coil.

--

JANA _____

I'd love to find a replacement, Heath part # 40-607, or I'd like some help in how else I might make things right with it. RF is not the strongest part of my game.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Jim McShane Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp? Check

Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Reply to
JANA