Help: "Imaginary" paper jam, SHARP fax machine

Help: "Imaginary" paper jam

I have a thermal paper, SHARP (UX-1xx series) fax machine that gives

'paper jam' error messages, when there is no paper jam.

Could it be SENSOR related?

I tried checking it out. It keeps cycling the paper, cutting pieces out.

(my guess it trying to align the paper, from the roll...)

Any suggestions?

teky @ sympatico .ca

Reply to
4 U

My Sharp UX FAX was doing the same thing... spitting out chunks of paper at random, beeping, and indicating "paper out" when it wasn't. Turned out to be an intermittant microswitch, the one that senses when the case is opened. It was buried in the bottom. Rather than gut the thing to get to it, I just "exercised" it a bit with a plastic tool (clicked it repeatedly to clean the contacts inside). That worked. No more wasted paper. :-)

Ray

--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Reply to