Help identify AMPLIDYNE device please

I've just acquired a piece of equipment made by Amplidyne Inc. of New Jersey. It is a rackmount device with a large heatsink on top, one multi-pin connector on the back with several rf-type connectors inside, and three LEDs on the front maked Fail 2, Fail 1, and Power.

The model number is 5030700137/3500-16D

The manufacture Date is 8-98

I've used Google and also emailed the company with no response. I have no way of testing this device so I'm going to try to eebbay it. I'd like to know if it has any $$ value before I break the factory warranty seals to have a look inside, and maybe remove the large heat sink for a seperate sale. It is probably something related to mobile telephones since it was thrown away with about 1000 NiMH batteries in someone's trash for Spring Cleanup. The batteries were not picked up because they are considered hazardous waste, and I didn't take them because I would not know what to do with them. Any info on what this device is, whether it is still useful and its cash value if any would be appreciated. Mike

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver