Old RCA VHS Camcorder Viewfinder problem

Viewfinder flickers like someone is flicking on and off the power to it. I've replaced the CRT tube inside of it, with same problem. It has a sleeve with wound copper wire that the CRT slips inside of. Could this be where the problem lies? Other than this, it records good still, and plays video fine thru the video out.

Model is CC407 RCA VHS Camcorder - OLD!

Reply to
Tidder

Also cleaned everything, not that it makes a difference. Same problem.

Reply to
Tidder

Tidder: Cleaning and unit.... and replacing the CRT were NOT likely repair solutions that most techs would suggest... as you found out. More than likely there are faulty semiconductors/components, cracked connections, bad connectors, etc, etc. It sounds like you have scrounged parts from another viewfinder..... that should provide some help with other parts.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

Hi Tidder...

The sleeve with lots of copper wound around it is the yoke... not your problem.

I have downstairs an old rca camera - not worth repairing, and not worth having if it was - vidicon type :)

However, the viewfinder is intact, and works perfectly... just went down and played (sorta :) a tape and watched it with the viewfinder.

I wonder if the viewfinder might be interchangable?

If you'll send me an email, I'll be happy to send you back a few pics of it.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

It

Hi Tidder...

The sleeve with lots of copper wound around it is the yoke... not your problem.

I have downstairs an old rca camera - not worth repairing, and not worth having if it was - vidicon type :)

However, the viewfinder is intact, and works perfectly... just went down and played (sorta :) a tape and watched it with the viewfinder.

I wonder if the viewfinder might be interchangable?

If you'll send me an email, I'll be happy to send you back a few pics of it.

Take care.

Ken[/quote:e40060a736]

Ken, that would be great, cause I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm a computer repair tech, and have lots of electronics knowledge, but this is way over my head.

As for replacing the tube, somebody suggested that on another forum, so I actually bought a new one (HARD TO FIND!) but I don't have a spare one of these lyin' around.

Reply to
Tidder

Replied via email...

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Thanks Ken, but I don't think it will work. Too different, but thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

Ty

Reply to
Tidder