Help !!! Anyone with Euras or equivalent ? TV + Amp question

Seems to be the season of things going pop in our house :-(

Does anyone have any tech tips on the following items ? Schematics would also be nice if possible.

Naiko N3280W 32" widescreen television - jittery picture in both 4:3 and

16:9 aspects Aiwa MX-Z3300M - display fades in and out and controls lock up.

I assume both the above are common problems as they are listed on the Euras database but unfortunately I dont tend to repair stuff that often so cant justify signing up for it.

Any help would be much appreciated. If you want to reply offlist then you can get hold of me at :

ng at picbits dot com

Thanks in advance and a happy new year to all of you.

Dom

Reply to
Dom

Intermittent display probs on the Aiwa are almost invariably due to bad joints on the heater pins of the VFD ( far left two pins, and far right two pins, both pairs slightly separated from the main block of pins ). For some reason, this usually leads to the micro locking up.

Can't help on the TV - don't touch 'em. Sorry

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Naiko N3280W 32" widescreen television - jittery picture in both 4:3 and

16:9 aspects

Replace capacitor CD22 (330nF) with (680nF/63V/ %5)

Reply to
Kev

Cheers guys - much appreciated :-)

Dom

Reply to
Dom

Replaced CD22 (the most difficult capacitor to get to ;-) with a 680nF and same problem - if anything the picture seemed worse but in a different kind of way.

Original problem was the wavy lines down the side of the image intermittently and picture collapse slightly now and again. This fix seemed to help the wavy lines but I got another problem with the picure being corrupted between 1/4 and 3/4 of the frame with interference and still the slight collapse (almost like ghosting at times) of the picture. Put the

330nF back in and original problem back but better than with the 680nF.
Reply to
Dom