Aiwa MX-X3300M Amp/DSP problem

Hi - me again

I posted a couple of days ago with this problem and it was suggested I checked the VFD soldering - done that and its all good. I still have the same problem though - the Amp turns on and there is no display. After 15 minutes or so the display fades in slowly and if I quickly cycle the power to the amp the controls appear to work again for a while. The same happens with the radio VFD when connected (external Aiwa unit).

I've tested the VFD voltage from the regulator and when it is working I get around 30 volts which appears within spec. When the display is dead I get around 1.6 volts. This leads me to think that maybe the regulator for the VFD has a problem.

Euras appears to have a fix for the problem but I dont have access to it (symptoms are exactly the same - locked up control panel until the display gets going as well).

Any ideas or schematics ? The VFD regulator circuit looks like it might have got a little warm at some point but without schematics etc I'm a little stuck (I'm a digital electronics engineer with limited analogue knowledge).

Thanks all again

Dom

Reply to
Dom

Its usually the electrolytics in that supply circuit that go dry. The Tr does tend to run hot and discolour the board- usually without problem.

AW

get

have

knowledge).

Reply to
JVC Dude

Cheers TR - much appreciated :-)

I'll have a probe around next time I've got some space on the workbench.

Is it just the ones in the VFD circuit I need to worry about or is this problem more widespread across the board ?

Thanks again

power

happens

get