Heathkit IM-2400 battery voltage?

I got one of these handheld counters and there's no battery pack so I need to know the voltage. Any help appreiacted. tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

There are a bunch of Heath lists, most on there are hams.

Homer J Simpson

There's a manual for the IM2410 counter here:

It's probably worth a look.

John

Reply to
John

Why not ask Heathkit? They are still in business.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I failed to mention that the IM-2400 is a handheld about the size of a large TV remote. It looks like it may have had nicads in it they're missing and all I see a red wire with no connector dangling, no ground but I think I could use the grond of the PC board. So I need to know the voltage. BTW the BAMA site has a desk model, AC powered. tnx

Henry Kolesnik

Hi...

I have (quote)

EIA-416

Five - 1.2v ni-cad batteries (heath co. part no. 418-32)

CAUTION: operational hazard may exist if any battery charger other than the model specified in the manual is used

(end quote)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ken Boy am I embarassed becasue mine says the same thing, you can sure see a lot by just looking. I thought I'd be than that at 65, woe is me. Thanks

Henry Kolesnik

Hi Henry...

Not a problem, I'll trade you ages :)

Should have mentioned that the manual will still be around here, so if you'd like any pages scanned just let me know.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel