halp! need to fix paint sprayer sometime in the next century

HI, w have a paint sprayer that doesn't work it's a wagner, Don't seem to see the model number because it's covered with years of paint. Will figure that out later. Can somebody explain what it might need? The motor works but it doesn't pull up any paint. Took off the hose and tested that it isn't clogged and that the machinery moves. That all seems fine.

Is there a basic, it's likely this, and needs this or these parts, or just as well replace the while assembly (parts) while your at it.

I know little about sprayers but I need my associate to get some work for us and he fails to get the sprayer fixed himself and he is falling away into nothingness. Thanks for any comments about how to diagnose or fix it, or a fix it yourself website.

Reply to
larrylaundry

You have reached the wrong number. Please try again: alt.home.repair

Reply to
Bryce

Virtually all situations where paint sprayers don't work it is because they were not properly cleaned after use, and are clogged. With a 'real' spray gun you can get and use gun cleaner to clean them out, but something like that Wagner, with its plastic parts, is likely to just melt into a slag heap if you hit it with gun cleaner.

Reply to
PeterD