FM Transceiver Numbers and Actual Frequencies

I have the portable radios that use "number codes" for lack of a better term. They have a large number, such as a 3, and then a small privacy code number. I have some old walkie-talkies that broadcast on a set frequency (45.something), and I want to use them together. They are both FM radios.

What website would have a conversion table? Five minutes of Googling didn't yeild any results. A quick response would be great. I tired using the scan function, but it didn't find it. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Erik

Where are you?

They probably are FRS (Family Radio Service) transcievers. In the America's they use 464 mHz, in Europe, Asia and Africa, they use

446 mHz.

The old "walkie talkies" are probably on 49mHz, a totaly different band.

They could also be on 27 mHz (CB) or 29mHz (29.7-29.9). If you are in the U.K. and they are really old, they could be 900mHz CB, which was "deleted" to make way for GSM "mobiles" (cell phones).

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838

There's also some Hi-VHF walkie talkies with limited channels used in the construction industry. (I don't remember if they use colors or numbers for the channel designation). In the 150-160 MHz range. Not possible to operate with the 49 MHz stuff.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier

Erik hath wroth:

Find the serial number tag. It usually has the manufacturer and model number attached. It may be inside the battery compartment.

If it has the FCC ID number, go to:

and punch in the grantee code and product code. The grantee code is the first 3 digits of the FCC ID. The product code is the remaining digits. The resultant pages should give you a clue as to what the radio can do. If it's a commerical radio, you'll probably need to get a license to use it.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I seriously doubt you will be able to use them together as it appears they operate on totally different bands.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Erik wrote in news:1192031039.448535.240220 @v3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Gary Tait