optical transceiver

Hello everybody !!!

I am interesting if there exists optical transceiver(s) which operates from cca 1Gbps up to 2.5 Gpbs and for distance up to 500m. This transceiver must be multimode (what means I want to use multmode fiber). I have found some transceivers which work in mentioned range, but these transceivers are all single mode. Also it will be very good if transceiver size is 1x9. I also need SERDES IC which also can operates from 1 Gbps and up to 2.5 Gpbs and generate output/input (PECL or something like this) compactable with transceiver input/output.

Thank you for your answers

Regards, Amir

Reply to
amko

Multimode fiber has a lot of dispersion, so 500 m at 2.5 GBPS probably wouldn't work. Multimode fiber will splatter impulses on the order of nanoseconds per kilometer.

John