Fluke 87 Replacement LCD

I goofed. All the LCDs offered for sale are for the 87V.

It's not clear to me why simply dropping the unit should break the LCD. Regardless, if you don't have the polymer case, you should get one.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

And it's four years since that post, do you really think he needs the information now? Either he's found it long ago, or moved on.

He may not even be reading this newsgroup anymore, I recognize the name, but not sure when I last saw a post from him.

But since you did reply to a four year old post, now you've resurrected this thread, so others jump in, not noticing it's an old thread. And what solutions were offered at the time? Nobody's going back to check, not everyone uses google.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Is it a human or a bot that is resurrecting this stuff, a whole series of them, always supposed gmail account and no followup from the bot/human. Whats it all about,? auto content production for some parasitic site somewhere?

Reply to
N_Cook

This one isn't really all that ancient. Some of these things have come in practically from the beginning of the universe, like 1986 or something.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Yet oddly, the participants in this resurrection were generally participants four years ago.

There was absolutely no sense in resurrecting this thread, unless the new guy is spamming.

The original poster got a suggestion, followed through on it, and posted an update that the meter was back to normal (something that doesn't happen enough when people do ask questions here). There was already the discussion of whether or not dropping it should have broken it, and the value of a rubber casing to protect it from falls.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black