Fluke 87 LCD display stucked in auto test

Hi, My Fluke 87 multimeter is stucked in LCD auto test mode. I turn on multimeter, and all segments stays on. Is there any way to fix this ? Thanks

Reply to
Valdemir Santos

That's what happens when you switch on with the "AutoHold" button pressed. Check for stuck buttons. It can easily happen if you've had the case off.

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)

Term is "stuckacated", not "stucked".

Reply to
Robert Baer

Hi, My Fluke 87 multimeter is stucked in LCD auto test mode. I turn on multimeter, and all segments stays on. Is there any way to fix this ? Thanks

I would recommend some percussive maintenance for the meter. Throw it onto the floor, that should fix it.

Reply to
Shaun

I changed 9v battery, and it´s working fine again. Fluke 87 is unbreakable ! Thanks

Reply to
Valdemir Santos

Stickified?

Adheserated?

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Battery flag should have come on much earlier.

Give it to me. I'll break it ;-)

--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
                   (R.D. Middlebrook)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Gummiated!

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell