Fixed APEX 1500 with C19

This just fixed my problem as well. Check for those bulging tops.

Todd K.

Reply to
Todd K.

I wasn't so lucky with my APEX. I replaced a buldged C450 on a AT2708S/CH-10C and the relay still clicks on/off constantly

Reply to
MarkC

If it uses a switching power supply than you do well to check the B+ voltage!

As a rule, capacitors do not bulge for no apparent reason. You might find that the feedback, I belief in this case is a faulty opto-coupler. With no feedback at all, it will drive ALL the voltages way up.

Reply to
Do Little2

I've fixed several of them with that problem, other than that they seem to be pretty reliable units.

Reply to
James Sweet

A lot of these had caps made with the bad electrolyte which bulge for that reason, fortunatly that stock seems to be used up, I haven't had the problem occur in newer stuff.

Reply to
James Sweet