Drum machine problems

Hi everyone, I am new here but I have a problem that one of you may be able to help me with. I have a drum machine made by Pearl, it is a Drum-X series which is proberbly about 10 or 15 years old but it has just developed a problem. Whan I hit the power button, the lights on the display come on for a split second but go of again straight away. I have checked the fuses and the transformer and they seem to be OK but there is no power on the output side of the circuit board. The transformer is a 240V in and 24V output and is centre tapped. It has 1 black wire which is the centre tap wire and 2 yellow wires which are the 12V power. There is power going into the circuit board at the termination of these wires but not on the output side of the board. Output wires are 1 black ground wire and 4 other wires. The first wire is -8V and has power but the next wire is +8V and has no power as well as the other 2 wires which are 5V and 3V respectively. Does any one know what the problem may be. Like I said earlier, the fuses are OK and I think it might be either the 2 Capacitors or one of the diodes or resistors, but I am just not too sure. Can you shine a light on this problem for me.

Thanks in advance. Gary ( drummer )

--
drummer
Reply to

Who dair, Who dat

How much familiarity do you have with working with electronics (it sounds like you have some)? It possibly is an open series resistor feeding the positive tap to all 3 positive regulators, but without specific knowledge of this machine, I can't be sure.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Thanks Tom I will mention it to the repairer when he opens it up. I decided the problem needed professional help and now I will be able to tell him where to at least start looking for the problem.

Thanks again Gary ( drummer )

--
drummer
Reply to