Where to get those long scope feet?

Three of the feet on the bottom end of my HP scope broke off. I'm amazed at how brittle they are. It isn't exactly bakelite maybe, because it feels soft and soapy-smooth to the touch, but it does have that obsidian look where it cleves.

At first I was going to ask about glues, but they would just break again. I recall Tek uses feet that feel like rubber with some elasticity rather than brittleness. Is there any place I can scrounge a set of four?

--
Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

at

than

Try a dollar store and look for those gadgets that stop an open door from damaging the wall.

NSM

A scope on high heels? :)

I haven't seen any of those that were reasonably short. I also don't want to put the wood/sheet metal screws into the scope.

--
Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

from

There are all sorts of doodads there. Look around with an open eye. Often you'll find something you can use.

My local one now sells S-Video, USB to USB, USB to printer and 100baseT cables! Gotta love that!

NSM

Some of those stores which tried to sell them for $20-$30 a pop got tired of the inventory sitting on their shelves and dumped them off.....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

of

Perhaps. But it's a good chance to stock up. They've also savaged the price of batteries which was outrageous before.

NSM

Reply to
Bennett Price