Delco Radio

Hi everyone,

I have a delco am fm radio that has a low volume and it wont go up. I ground out the other side of the speaker, not using the negative speaker wire, it works. I know that I am hooking it up right. Can anyone guess what the problem would be internally? Something simple like maybe a resistor bad so the amp transistors not getting biased correctly or something?

TIA,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Armstrong

my GUESS would be that the radio has a bridging type of amplifiers that drives both speaker leads so as to get more power, and one side of the amp is defective.

I assume this is a stereo radio with a left and right speaker.

How does the other side work?

Mark

Reply to
Mark

BUt if that's the case, then putting the speaker from one output line to ground will put a low value resistor across a DC voltage. Not so good for the speaker, and not so good for the amplifier.

Put a capacitor between the amp and the speaker, and of course it will be like any single-ended amplifier.

Micahel

Reply to
Michael Black

Thanks everyone for your help!! I know have a place to look.

Reply to
Tim Armstrong