delco radio modifications

Group-

Not sure if there's anyone out there who has any experience with car radios. Specifically, have a '99 Chevy S-10 with a Delco AM/FM/CD player installed. There is a 9-pin connector on the back which is used to interface with either a CD-changer, or a cassette deck. I would like to use this same interface and take advantage of the input to the pre-amp and just plug in my MP3 player. Don't wish to try and control the MP3 player from the radio head unit or anything, would just like to have a direct-to-preamp connection for the best possible sound quality.

So far, I've been unable to locate even a pin-out for the connector. Does anyone out there have any experience working on this or a similar project?

Appreciate the help,

Mac

Reply to
Adam MacKenzie

Have you tried a Chevy dealer? Without a schematic, you could try measuring the voltages at the plug to find the power pin, then injecting about half a volt of audio into each other pin until you hear it.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

gm-wiring.pdf

Reply to
GRogers001

try:

gm-wiring

Reply to
GRogers001

It happens that snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com formulated :

Yeah, I'd already been on that site (and soooo many others). Unfortunately, that's the main harness supplying power/routing for the speakers, not the 9-pin one that I'm looking for. Thanks much, though!

Reply to
Adam MacKenzie

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I would like to know the same information and don't own any sort of mulimeter to test the pins. So if you find the pinout post it please.

Reply to
carsondew