trouble with AG1950 Panasonic VHS VCR editing

Any techies have ideas on this? Plug in VCR it will power up, but won't turn off. Maybe next time, or maybe five times later, plug it in, it powers up, goes through its startup procedure, (about two to three seconds), THEN powers itself off and won't turn back on. If you unplug it and plug it back in, it will power up and do the same thing or possibly go back to the it won't turn off at the switch. Other than that, everything works great on it. Any ideas? I am an electrician, but only have enough electronics knowledge to be dangerous to myself,electronic equipment and others in my immediate work environment. Thanks for any help, Bob

Reply to
itsmereb

Bob: It sounds like service shop time for your VCR.... at the very least you should obtain a repair cost estimate (usually the price of a cleaning) so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of Internet guesses. Look for a smaller shop that still wants to be bothered with fixing stuff at a fair price.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie